Guess what happens with you can't sleep, it's 12:30am, and no one is on Facebook??? I blog. So shocking I know! I guess that is what it takes to get me to sit and type. Pathetic. John asked me the other day what one of my favorite hobbies was, and even though I was tempted to tell him 'spying on the neighbors' I told him blogging. Kind of sucks realizing how much I have been partaking in my 'favorite' hobby over the past few months.
I found out last week that I will be starting my new job in exactly a week. That is right....my 10 month summer vacay is coming to an end. How sad is that? I've actually been thinking of writing a pros/cons entry about going back to work, but obviously I have not done it. Throughout my days I'd think of witty items to add to the lists, but I never wrote them down, and now my mind if blank. Let me see if I can muster up the few brain cells that are REFUSING to go to sleep.
I think I will start with the CON list since my thoughts have been more con than pro once I got my OSD, (Official Start Date).
- Losing my freedom (seriously...that is how I feel. Being able to go anywhere and do whatever you want everyday is really priceless.)
- My sleeping in days are OVER
- Laying out during the week will not be an option
- Having to shower EVERYDAY (You know I've reduced my showering to 3 days a week right?)
- Having to fix my hair EVERYDAY
- Not having Facebook access for 9 hours a day (seriously...how will I stay in touch?)
- Having to schedule all appointments around my lunch hour or after work
- Not having lunch with John everyday (especially now that his office is in Pismo)
- Not driving properties with John and not being able to go to Bako (something I never thought I would say...but they were fun trips!)
- Having a boss again is going to be like having a parent again (offense parents)
- Having 1 hour lunches
- Not being allowed to wear t-shirts and sweats all day
- Having a normal income (Yeah!)
- Giving my life a purpose other than laundry, cleaning and running errands
- Using my design skills on a regular basis
- Chance of making new friends
- Get to wear my cute work clothes again
As you can tell I'm a little negative about joining the work force again, which I know is CRAZY! How can I not be EXTREMELY excited for this job? I have been looking for work for the past 8 months and have only had two interviews! Who am I kidding? I just think the reality of working 8 to 5 is setting in. I am SO used to not working...you know how it only takes a human 21 days to form a new habit? Well times that by 12!!! I'm surprised my 'not working' habit isn't permanent.
I really am thankful for this opportunity that was given to me. Had I run out of unemployment, with no job possibilities I would have been a total mess. I keep telling myself to be thankful for having the time off during my surgery...being able to go to Hawaii...being able to meet Dooce and seeing No Doubt on weekdays...visiting my out of town friends multiple times, but it's still hard. A lot harder then I thought it would be...especially when 3 months ago I was ready to head back to work. I was tired of being at home, and really missed it. Where are those feelings now that I need them? Darn.
As I've said before, I would love to be able to work part-time, because I do like to work. However after having this time at home, I have also realized that I don't mind doing chores around the house when I have the time. (Compared to dedicating your entire weekend to cleaning).
This final week of the Boo Summer is of course going to be jam packed. I'm heading to Sacramento on Wed. to visit with some friends and then over to Ukiah to visit with Rebekkah and her family. One last time while I am still a free woman. I also had big plans to wake up early (8am) and run some errands before my physical therapy appointment. However I have the feeling I'm going to need more than 7 hours of shut eye.