Monday, June 22, 2009

End of an Era

Whenever I travel somewhere I always like to get a key chain and magnet as a souvenir. So of course when I was in Kauai for my honeymoon I got a key chain. Not any key chain, but one with my name on it! How cool right? Well that key chain has been on my ring for the past 5.5 years, and let me say that it has seen better days. Not to mention the nice brown tint it started sporting.

Moving on...I was hoping to find the identical key chain on our most recent trip, but no such luck. Not to worry though...I did find this sweet Hawaii license plate one.

It was still hard for me to replace it, but it was looking a little gross. You’d think that when part of the 'A' and ‘R’ fell off that would have been the first sign that it needed to retire, but no way! I’m way too sentimental to get rid of something just because it looks a little worn. Maybe if it had broken in half I might have taken it off…but not before I would have tried to glue it together.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So did you throw the old one away or are you saving it in a box somewhere just in case the new one doesn't last?