Thursday, June 11, 2009

Who’s got the time?

How do my summer weekends get filled up instantly? Ok, so it wasn’t instantly, but I think it only took a month. In the beginning of May I thought, ‘Man! I only have 2 things planned all summer! This is great!’ Then a social calendar tornado from hell came out of no where and filled up my summer. It only took the month of May to fill up 3 months. How is that possible? Am I the only one this happens to?

Almost every weekend is full. Ok, not 100% full but close enough. I have something to do on every weekend in June, and July (minus one weekend…the 3 day weekend, which makes no sense).

My August is also rapidly filling up, however I’m trying to leave some open weekends because John’s friend (Jon) from NYC is supposed to be coming to CA that month. I emailed him a few weeks ago and have not received any word of his plans. This wouldn’t be an urgent matter, however I’m trying to coordinate a neighborhood garage sale in August, and I can’t set a date and then flake on it. How bad would that be?

I also just found out that my sister-in-law just got engaged (Yeah!) and she is hoping to be married in 3 months! Seriously. So now I’m wondering…am I going to have to fit in a bachelorette party and a bridal shower in the next three months? That should be no prob since I have so many available weekends right? Don’t worry, I’ve already emailed her asking about the plan. But does she know the answer…that is the question.

Even if she doesn’t it’s fine with me as she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am. I seriously thought my bridesmaid days were over. There is almost nothing better then being a bridesmaid, in my opinion. Granted I’ve only been in two weddings, but I had so much fun on those two days that I cannot wait to do it again.

Needless to say I feel honored that she asked me to be a part of her big day. Oh and guess who else is a part of the day? John…but not as a groomsmen…as the officiate! He says he won’t be nervous, but I don’t by his macho act. I am also praying that my Achilles will be healed. I really need to dance…I am seriously having withdrawals! Plus I don’t want to be limping down the aisle! How embarrassing!

5 comments:

Maggie Mae said...

I feel your overscheduled pain!!! And congratulations to Molly & to your recent bridesmaid status--have fun! Maybe I'll get to see you again in The Fall...!

Sarah said...

How exciting!! Enjoy!

CindyCB said...

Hey Amber,
I just wanted to leave you a message to let you know I have been following your blog for a little while (I hope you don't mind!) as I was recently diagnosed with Thyroid Disease and am about to be investigated for a hot nodule. I found your blog through searching images of hot nodules (and I've found it really helpful, what you wrote in your blog stopped me from going for the wrong scan!). I live in the UK (and stayed in SLO on honeymoon last year!) and have been really ill for ages because TD is not handled well at all in the UK so didn't know what was wrong for a long time.

Anyway, thought it was about time I said 'hi'.

Thanks,
Cindy. x

:: Cindy Chick Designs :: said...

Amber, I got your lovely message and I have emailed you (check your junk folder though as my name sometimes doesn't get through the filters!).

I was reading some of your other posts - my mum's maiden name is Scott... this could get complicated! :)

Cindy.x

Unknown said...

Wow! That's great that your blog helped CindyCB
get the correct scan. I keep hearing scary things about the healthcare systems in England and Canada.