Sunday, February 10, 2008

Told you!

Do you remember this entry where I discussed how AWFUL Javier Bardem’s hair cut was in the movie No Country For Old Men? I’m sure you do…I mean that hair do can really scar a person.

Anyway I came across this very interesting article online the other day and thought I’d share it with you.

Spanish actor Javier Bardem suffered from “full-blown depression” after having his hair styled into a bizarre 1970s-style bowl-cut to play a sadistic killer in Oscar-nominated movie No Country For Old Men.

Bardem, who is a favorite to win the Best Supporting Actor prize at the upcoming Academy Awards for his performance in the Coen Brothers film, was so ashamed of his new look, he avoided venturing out in public.

His co-star Josh Brolin says, “He was depressed during the process… He felt like he wouldn’t have sex for three months. Full-blown depression. I mean, bad. (He) didn’t like the way he looked. He’d stay home for hours on end. He wouldn’t go out.”

Bardem admits he was surprised by how his unusual look affected him psychologically.

He says, “You see yourself, you see the haircut. You don’t realize that it’s affecting you in a very delicate way, through your own psyche. What happened to me was that after a couple of weeks, I was a little bit - a little bit - strange to myself. There was something that was not familiar. It was like, ‘What am I doing here?’”

SEE!!!!! I was right! Granted I didn’t think it would cause mental issues for the poor dude…that is kind of harsh. He better win that Oscar though! That was a huge sacrifice!! His sacrifice totally out weighed Tom Hank's (losing all that weight for Cast Away.) I mean not being able to leave your home due to your fro is pretty serious. I take it he doesn’t own any hats? Or maybe Hollywood is making him more vain. I mean look how handsome he normally looks?

He’s almost unrecognizable with his normal hair. I think he should grow it back if he wins the gold. I mean he could risk losing major rolls if casting directors don’t recognize him! Or maybe he should start having the hair style produced as wigs!! That way he would only have to look like that on auditions, and if he really wanted to scare the crap out of some hotel workers. John could totally go as him for Halloween too! What an awesome costume! Don’t worry…I’ll totally post the link for the wigs once I find them online.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wah! 3 months? Come on now. I was tramatized by my hair from 5th grade through 7th grade. That's 3 freaking years. Buck up man! Yeah it was a hideous do, but get real. I didn't get paid for my bad hair.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw Sarah's hair. I'm STILL depressed about it.

Brianne said...

It affected me too! I had nightmares about that dude and his haircut for weeks!