I seriously almost caught my face on fire tonight! I was starting the BBQ and I kept trying to light it...but for some reason the spark wasn't catching the propane. I thought that maybe the tank was out, as we know it's getting low...so I turned it up. I tried to light it a few more times and nothing happened, and then all of the sudden I saw this HUGE orange flash in my face! I closed my eyes and ducked and then felt my head to make sure my hair wasn't on fire! I guess it's a good thing I didn't put too much hair spray on today!
I kind of freaked out after it happened. The reality that I almost caught on fire set in. I started to think about what I would have done had I been in flames. John is down in LA this week so I probably would have had to run over to the neighbor's house for help. THEN I thought about outcome if I had in fact burned my face really bad. I could have totally been scared for life. What a reality check!
After all the times I've BBQed burgers I've never even come close to something like this happening. I was actually BBQing chicken tonight, (first time), and man does it take a long time to cook! I totally thought it would be quick like burgers are, but when I cut into it after about 5-10 mins the middle was still raw! I swear everyday is a learning experience.