Monday, May 5, 2008

Feliz Cinco De Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Above is a the cake I slaved on tonight for my work potluck tomorrow. After getting so many complements on my weak ass shamrock cake I made in March, I knew I had to kick it up a notch. Now if I receive compliments on this cake I won't be ashamed to accept them. I think it turned out pretty good, except for the cone part is a little too high. I just hope people will be able to tell what it is! Maybe I should have put it on someones head...oh well.

Here was my inspiration for the cake:
After the cake I then had to make some guacamole. We are having a salsa and guacamole contest as work as well. I really hope I win, although my guac isn't anything special. I mean it's good...but I'm not sure if it will stand out enough to win.

My weekend wasn't too eventful, except I did get a massage on Saturday and it was SO WONDERFUL! I think it had been like 4+ years since I had had one too! Let me say that I want to get one at least once a month now! I was so amazed at how the masseur could find knots in my back that I never knew were there! I really need to start playing the lotto.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Is the lotto so you can afford to get massages every week? Sorry just trying to keep up.

And the cake looks fantastic! I wanna work where you work. We are doing nada for this great holiday. Maybe I'll grab Dyena and go to Taco Bell.

LJC said...

The cake is amazing! I can't believe you also had to do guacamole...that cake wasn't enough???!!!:)

Unknown said...

The lotto? So you can have more massages? Maybe John should take a class in massage. Then you could have a masseuse (sp?) IN HOUSE.

I LOVE the cake! Remember when you wanted to be a cake decorater for a career? It looks like you could still do it--maybe moonlight a little.

Who won the guac contest?