Sunday, December 9, 2007

I've got Mail?

Ever since I was a little kid, I have always loved receiving mail...and things haven't really changed in that regard. Receiving Christmas cards during the holiday season is just one more aspect that makes me love this time of year. Now with the invention of photo Christmas cards has made it even better! Can you believe it? I mean who thinks of these things?

Back in the day I couldn't wait until John and I were married so we could send out our own photo card together. There was no way I was going to send one out before I got the ring...I wasn't going to pull a move like Mona did on Friends to poor Ross. (This was also of course before the fact that I realized that you didn't have to be married to send out a photo card...duh). I would say within the first 24 hours of being engaged I was already planning out what our first Christmas photo card would be! (Let me know if you all want to see the 5 we have, and I will post them).

As more and more of my friends started having kids I received more and more photo cards with their children on them. Don't get me wrong...I love seeing my friend's kids, but I also like to see my friends! So any photo card I get that has the WHOLE family in it is my favorite. (Jayenna your card is awesome this year!) A couple of years ago, I was complaining to Rebekkah about how I like the family Christmas cards and not just the kid cards. So just for me, she sent the following custom card:

Isn't it realistic?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy says:
Jayenna's tree looks like it is the burning bush!

Also, I see Rebekkah didn't go to
a lot of trouble to fit her and Adam on the card! What a joker!

Jenna Hoskinson said...

that is an awesome custom card! Thanks for the props on our card, too.

Sarah said...

I completely agree. The photo cards are awesome. However I've noticed something strange. If I don't send out cards, people stop sending them. That doesn't seem fair to me.