Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cutie Patutie

Last week before we headed down to Santa Monica for Thanksgiving I was looking through my pile of 'to read' books. I've got a break from my current book club until January, so now was my time to read some of the books that have collected some MAJOR dust. I picked out two possibilities...both I received for Christmas LAST year. I know so pathetic. Anyway the first one I decided to read was Celebrity Detox by Rosie O'Donnell. I finished it on Monday I started it last Thursday. In case you need help with the math, that is a total of 4 days. FOUR DAYS! As some of you may know I am not a fast reader, and for me to finish a book in 4 days is somewhat of a miracle. Oh my gosh! A Christmas miracle! My first one of the season!

Five reasons I finished the book so quickly:

A) It's an easy read
B) It's non-fiction
C) I'm a sucker for the inside scoop on celebs
D) I love Rosie
E) I didn't want to clean the house

As much as I love behind the scenes info, what is also great about this book is how honest Rosie is. There is so much information out there, (online/TV/magazines), that half the time I take everything with a grain of salt.

I've also read Rosie's first book, Find Me, which I also really enjoyed. So if you are looking for a couple of quick reads and are a fan of Rosie, I highly recommend them. Put them on your Christmas lists ASAP!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Just like when you talk about football or Lost, I'm going to ignore you about Rosie. I'm so over her. What book are you reading now? I always like good book suggestions.

Unknown said...

As you know, I read Rosie's first book because you
made me. It was very interesting, but I found out
just what a nut case she is, so I probably won't be reading the 2nd one (unless you make me do it, of course).