Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life can Really Blow

So we are back…actually we’ve been back for a few weeks, and I’m finally getting over my post vacay anger. I can’t help it…it just happens. We’ve been really busy since we’ve been home and we haven’t even had time to look through our photos or John’s 362 videos. Trust me, I have grand plans of making some sweet montages for the blog, however your patience is required.


In the midst of my pouting I got an update from my friend Stephanie who is battling liver, lunch and spine cancer. She recently got some bad news that her CT scan showed another mass in her lung. I’m sorry what was I just complaining about? Oh right…not still being on vacation while my friend is fighting the battle of her life. Reality check. Done.


One of Steph’s closest friends helped organize a fundraiser for her last month, which turned out to be a huge success. I couldn’t make it to the event, but I was able to get some donations for their silent auction. I have made a few purchases from Lisa Leonard Designs as well The Pleated Poppy and when I contacted them both to donate they were more than happy to help out. It meant so much to me that they didn’t even hesitate since I only know them via blog land.


Life really blows sometimes and it’s so important to put things in perspective. Do you have your health? Are your loved ones still alive? I hate the fact that other people’s tragedies help me with this, but what can I do about it? Another friend of mine lost her dad a few weeks ago as well. That makes 5 friends of mine who have lost their fathers over the last 2-3 years. Life is so unexpected. You really need to live everyday to it’s fullest.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Lunch cancer? I really hope you meant lung cancer because I don't want to give up lunch.

This post makes me want to give my Dad a hug.

Syddison said...

Amber, thanks for the reminder to put things into perspective. I read the update about Stephanie and thought the same things. Life is unpredictable and you much seize each moment! I say when Life Blows, Suck it up and BLOW it right back!! :-)